Sierra Business Council: "Building a Better Sierra Nevada"
Sierra Business Council pioneers and demonstrates innovative approaches and solutions to increase community vitality, economic prosperity, environmental quality, and social fairness in the Sierra Nevada.
In the Sierra Nevada, change and challenge create opportunities. Through innovation, integrity, and respect, Sierra Business Council harnesses these opportunities by implementing projects that model proactive change. Our goal is a diverse, inventive, and sustainable region where the economy is vibrant, the land is thriving, and the communities offer opportunity for all.
We act as steward leaders of the region, taking responsibility for the care and responsible management of our place, guided by the triple bottom line that considers the economy, environment, and community simultaneously.
Who we are:
- SBC focuses on Sierra Nevada-wide sustainability solutions
- SBC has a 20 year history in the region
- SBC takes concepts from academia, business leaders, and think tanks and innovates practical ways to apply them as on-the-ground action for rural areas. This is a model for other rural areas to follow on their path to sustainability.
- SBC’s network of supporters and partners spans the entire Sierra and beyond, and across the political spectrum.
- SBC’s advocacy on behalf of responsible business makes it a valuable ally capable of getting past heated political debates
Sierra Business Council believes that non-profits have an ethical and legal obligation to their constituents and the public to conduct their activities with accountability and transparency. Non-profits should regularly and openly convey information to the public about their mission, activities, finances, accomplishments and decision-making processes. We are happy to share some of our key governing documents and financial information here.
For our Articles of Incorporation click here
For our IRS Tax Determination Letter click here
Our 990 Forms for the past five years is listed below: